** Note: You may only renew ASSE membership in your current classification (you may not change from Active to Retired, Active to Government, etc.). Please see membership classification descriptions below and call the ASSE International office if you would like to update your membership classification **
Give back to your profession!
The aims and purposes of ASSE International were proclaimed over 100 years ago, but they continue to guide our organization’s activities today. Our mission is to continually improve the performance, reliability and safety of plumbing and mechanical systems to support our motto, “Prevention Rather Than Cure.” As a member of ASSE International, you will belong to an organization represented by all disciplines of the plumbing and mechanical industries, forming a platform to receive, understand and solve industry problems relating to standards, codes, contracting, engineering and business. We encourage you to attend local chapter meetings, as well as our national Annual Meetings, get involved in chapter activities and apply for national committee work.
Whether it’s through planning or participating in local chapter activities and meetings, writing an article for our publications, mentoring a young member or volunteering on a committee, your involvement is essential to ASSE International’s success.
A few privileges you will enjoy as an ASSE International member:
• Free subscription to ASSE International publications
– – Monthly Backflow Prevention & Plumbing Standards (BPPS) magazine and ASSE International eNewsletter
• Discounts on publications published by ASSE International (25% off) and select discounts from other reciprocating organizations
• Networking opportunities within the plumbing and mechanical industries
• Voting rights at Annual Meetings
• Participation on national committees
• Eligibility for ASSE International Awards and Scholarship Program (members and their relatives)
Since 1906, our mission has guided ASSE’s activities in a wide range of programs designed to educate the industry and the public on the necessity of correct plumbing installations. We’re glad you’ve decided to join us! Now is the time to immerse yourself in your organization.
MEMBERSHIP CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTIONS
Individuals who are active in a plumbing, mechanical or engineering related field.
* Half price new membership only applies to those who are not current or past members of ASSE International. *
- Registered apprentice in an apprenticeship program duly recognized by state, federal or local laws governing apprenticeship.
- Full time student enrolled in a school, university or college course in either plumbing, plumbing design or engineering.
** There shall be a maximum time limit of five years for membership as a student. **
Individuals employed by local, county, state or federal agencies involved in regulating the plumbing and mechanical field who want to support the work of ASSE International. Government employees may join ASSE International with the same privileges of an Active member. To qualify, members may be required to submit written documentation confirming that they are actively employed by a government entity (i.e.: letter from government entity on letterhead, copy of government identification/license, etc.)
Manufacturers of plumbing products and appliances, or others who are affiliated with the plumbing and mechanical field and desire to support the work of the organization. One member or representative of such membership will have the privileges of an Active member.
Members who have been members in good standing for a period of no less than three years and have retired from active participation in their profession.